Saturday 5 January 2013

The Age

So I went to the cinema today to see Les Miserables which was alright (no Rusty no!). It's this ad though that really pissed me off. There are 2 newspapers in Melbourne, The Herald Sun and The Age. The Age is supposed to be, you know, the proper paper. Their ad today was about a cab driver and guess what he's not just a cab driver he's got a life too. You know like a wife and kids and in his country of origin he did some stuff. Wow! He's not what you'd expect is what you were meant to think about him and about the said newspaper. Well fuck me The Age how patronising can you get? Who is this ad for and where were they supposed to be educated? I've been in taxis and guess what? I've even talked to them about everything from the music they're playing, sports, weather, politics and even where they have come from etc. etc. Guess what The Age? I'm not a fucking idiot. I realise every person I pass each day has a life and a story. Fuck off The Age! The dimwits they are meant to be preaching to are apparently their own advertising company and themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment